Thursday, August 2, 2012

In the Delta

August 28, 2011

I'm in the Delta.  Taking her on a leisurely cruise on Alder Lake.  This is an ambitious paddle for me as it is about 14 miles around the lake.  What I like about it is that it gets me away from my typical urban paddle in lakes surrounded by expensive homes and the noise pollution that accompanies that.  It's very peaceful on the lake and the natural surroundings of rocky beaches and heavily treed shoreline really invoke that "at one with nature" feeling. 


It's a gorgeous lake with emerald green water and if you time it right, not too many yahoo boaters. 


This is one of my favorite paddles so far, yes I don't have a lot of miles under my belt but this one will be hard to beat. I won't be doing this very often because of the length and also because of the wind. Boy does it get windy here in the afternoon. And there's no designated "pitstop" anywhere except the boat launch so you have to improvise here.


I found a lovely spot to park for lunch and stretch out my legs and attend to nature's call.


It was a wonderful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment