Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Need a Better Kayak

August 27, 2011

I need a better kayak.  Being with experienced paddlers opened up my eyes as to what kayaking can be.  It's more than dinking around at a snails pace and eatting from blackberry bushes.  After doing more research, I was determined to plunk down some serious change for a kayak that would last me forever (oh how naive).  I found a pre-owned one from a private seller in Portland - 3 hours away from me - one way.  But it was the perfect kayak!  I'll never find a better one.  So after presenting my case to my husband, he shook his head no...which I interpretted to mean that I should leave right away to go get it. 


My new ride.  It's a Delta 14.5 Sport kayak.  2 feet longer.  Not plastic but thermoform.  I'm in the big leagues now baby! 



No comments:

Post a Comment