Saturday, August 25, 2012

Circumnavigating Mercer Island

So I decided to get really ambitious and paddle around Mercer Island which sits in the middle of Lake Washington.  I packed a lunch and launched from Enatai Beach.  Crossing from the beach to the shoreline of the island was a little treacherous as you had to play Frogger between the huge boats that share the lake with you. 

 
This is my crossing from the beach to reach the island.  Looks tame enough right?  riiiight

 
Crossing under the I90 floating bridge

 
Finally stopped at Clark Beach park for lunch.

Not a soul in site. Had time to sit and enjoy the view.  It didn't even bother me (that much) that my arms felt like they were ready to fall off.   How much further?
 
Turns out I only had about another mile or so to go before I completed my circumnavigation.  Guess I could have brought a map and planned my stop better.  I think this is a once a year trip - nice scenery, beautiful homes, gorgeous views, relatively calm paddle (minus some boat wakes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment