Thursday, August 2, 2012

Going to the Skeg Party

September 12

Meeting up with my kayaking group again.  I need to find something to wear to this shindig.  Last time, everyone was dressed like they were going to paddle the Inside Passage.  Remember I was in shorts and flip flops?  Okay, time to shop for a new outfit.

Drysuit:  $1000 bucks?  Really?  No hello how are ya and break it to me gently Mr Kokatat dealer?  Oh there are other makers out there?  But they're not as good?  And everyone wears Kokatat?  Ok, sign me up I guess.  Do you have a pre-owned one at least?  You do???  Sold!


Umm...why does it feel like my drysuit is choking me?  And I can't feel my fingers.   Is that normal?  How do I pee in this thing? 

Gloves:  While I'm at it, I should look for gloves.  People are telling me to get something called Pogies.  That's dorky.  I'll buy gloves thank you very much.

Thought these gloves looked the prettiest on the website.  Ordered them.  They suck.  The precurved fingers are so stiff that once you put one on, you can move the fingers to get the other glove on.  How much did I pay for this?? 

Hat:  I'm just going to where my beanie.  It's worked well for me during ski season.

Spray Skirt: Oh it still hurts thinking about that first day with this group. It's like I showed up without any pants on or something. You'll be happy to know that I've got the most expensive spray skirt I could find.

Jeez Louise please don't let me flip over because I'll surely drown with this thing on my kayak.  The bungee is so tight that it took me forever and a strained wrist to get it on.  I'm sure it will stretch in time but let's hope I don't die in the meantime.

Okay, I think I'm ready to go to the skeg party.

No comments:

Post a Comment