Saturday, August 25, 2012

Holiday Paddling

Dec 17, 2011

A crisp, clear beautiful morning.  About 55 degrees out.  Zero wind, zero rain, zero boat traffic - sounds like time to me.  I'm determined to be a year round paddler.  So far so good :-)

Ho Ho Ho
 
 

So I went out paddling yesterday and noticed a bird splashing around in some bushes and not being much of a fan of wildlife, I kept on paddling.  Today, I noticed the same bird in the same spot still splashing around.  I went to take a closer look and sure enough, his foot was all tangled up in some fishing line.  Not sure how long he had been there but it was at least 24hours.  I paddled slowly up to him so he wouldn't panic and hurt himself and pulled the branch that he was stuck to closer to me and clipped the fishing line.  Once he felt the slack in the line, he high tailed it out of there.  I think we're both glad our paths crossed.  Don't get me wrong - I still don't like wildlife. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment